Frequently Asked Questions
- Explore this site, expecially the section "For Parents" http://ohva.k12start.com/ These resources will help to prepare you for the lifestyle change to schooling at home.
- Attend an in-person READY session in your region and start to learn the ropes.
- Connect with veteran OHVA parents in regional Facebook groups and ask questions.
- Unpack materials and set up your learning space.
- Purchase basic school supplies like paper, pencils, folders and colored pencils.
Where is/How do I...?
You can change your Learning Coach or student’s username or password in My Account. My Account is accessible through the Online School (OLS). Learn how to update your username and/or password.
The OHVA Parent Compact is an agreement for parents so that they know and understand the key expectations for what they need to do each day, and for what to be responsible, for things like keeping internet steady for their student to complete work. View the OHVA Parent Compact HERE.
FAQs About Your Computer and Using the Internet
The Online School (OLS) works best on a laptop or desktop computer. We do not recommend using tablets for coursework at this time. You may be able to complete some parts of your work on a tablet (i.e. reading e-books). However, a tablet will not be sufficient for the majority of the work that you need to complete.
Please make sure your computer is OLS-compatible prior to school starting.
Also, be sure to refer to the list of preferred browsers to use with the Online School (OLS).
Please keep the web pages below handy for quick reference, as they contain school-specific information, such as upcoming events and information dates. You can also find resources to help you navigate the Online School (OLS), use OLS tools, and hear about new features and improvements to your learning environment.
Visit the "Support Topics" page of the K12 Customer Support website to search for more information.